Saturday, March 2, 2019

Landing on Revis

-

Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit.

~ Edward Abbey

-

This is just a drive-by posting...

... and I will return with more about my current situation but wanted folks to know that yes, I'm still kicking.

I'm back in Califas after spending 97% of the last 30 years living in Oregon. I had no idea when I left CA in 1990 what a trip that would be. And then some!

I am currently situated 300' below the 2080' summit of Revis Mtn in the Sierra Nevada foothills. I hike the mountain nearly daily and have fallen deeply in love with this little island of wild California. No cows. No off-road vehicles.

I must say that hiking California's foothills without cows is a rare experience but the thrill of no cow pies and the attendant hordes of flies makes this spot a true delight. And, as I've declared more than once while watching the day's light play across the trees and rocks, this place is crazy beautiful.

Well, here, have a look for yourself:

-

-

-













-



-

-


-



-


-



-

-





































---

And please, have a visit to my photo art for sale over at Fine Art America and maybe you'll be inspired to spend a few bucks and help support this old phart in his dotage.

-

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.

~ Albert Einstein

---

2 comments:

darkcycle said...

Beautiful! Hope this one's exactly as permanent as you want it to be. That is beautiful country...Cali was once my home as well. I occasionally stumble down that far...if I do, I'll stop in to see it in person. Glad you found a place to suit you.

Custom Boxes U said...

Material of your box plays a lot of role in maintaining the taste of your donut produce. With customized Donut boxes, you can choose the best food grade material suitable for your produce and maintain freshness in the product. The fresh taste will surely guarantee a good brand image, and attractive designs will only add to the pleasant experience.