Thursday, August 14, 2008

sigh... part 2...

~~~

“If I were asked to give what I consider the single most useful bit of advice for all humanity it would be this: Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life and when it comes, hold your head high, look it squarely in the eye and say, 'I will be bigger than you. You cannot defeat me.'”

~ Ann Landers
~~~



Bummer... bad day yesterday, but I'll get into it in a future post. I was gonna start by relating that old saw about the Chinese ideogram for "crisis" being comprised of both danger and opportunity. Like a good googling researcher I let my fingers do the walking...

... and ended up... in a den of lawyers! So it seems there is dissension out there that says a lot of these ideogramatic notions are just that, notions... BTW the discussion at that link is throughly enjoyable, intelligent (sometimes witty)... but when those notions smack up against reality and we are knee deep in the doo that life tends to throw our direction, what better way to alter the situation than turn it positive, even if escape is the sole positive aspect? What else is there to do, whine?

Anyway... I'm going to have to get back to you on that trouble when I climb out of this pit... until then, here's some more pics. Just of what I see around here at the farm. Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by.
~~~

Late afternoon sun gives wonderful light...











... and one thing about late afternoon/early evening is that sunset comes after. And if you stay and watch a sunset it can go from this



to this



and then the moon comes up! If that just ain't too cool...


~~~

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace”

~ Thomas Paine

~~~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is when opportunity knocks, right? For every door that closes, 2 more open? Everything happens for a reason? Etc.

Anyway - you were missed today. Ain't nobody happy about it.

Unknown said...

You are definitely missed.

What lens do you use for your moon picture? That's pretty cool. I have yet to try moon pictures with my current camera...

Allan Erickson said...

Hi guys... yeah, I miss y'all too.

JC that was shot with my 100-300mm at 300mm.

Unknown said...

hmmm... gives me hope. I'll definitely have to do some moon shots one of these days.