Saturday, February 21, 2009

More photos, few words...

~~~

“If you succumb to the temptation of using violence in the struggle, unborn generations will be the recipients of a long and desolate night of bitterness, and your chief legacy to the future will be an endless reign of meaningless chaos.”

~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
~~~

I've posted some images of my daughter's recent concert at her High School. A joint band and choir concert, it really was most excellent and I was pleasantly surprised. Photographically speaking it was great. Good lighting, dark background, colorful... thanks to the good folks at Willamette HS for a show well done. Here is the link to that concert gallery over at my photographer's blog:

Event Coverage: Willamette HS Concert - Band & Choir


~~~

I know it has been a month since my last post... sometimes life sucks and gets in the way of doing things we like to do. And that is what this blog is, something I like doing. Anyway, I'm here now and I'll start w/ some pics from my last trip to the coast (Heceta Head, north side, down the Hobbit Trail) that I've had ready to post. Enjoy:














~~~

Because I've been in a funk, my writing urge is really not motivated yet and I'm just posting pics. There is plenty that I have to say (Michael Phelps, Darfur, U.S. economy... and on and on and on...) I'm just not ready to talk much. But I have been working my photography a bit as of late. This next chunk of photos is just a few of what I think are some of my best, a miscellaneous set:

This one is from the Eugene Emeralds 4th of July game last year:



Last year's Michael Franti and Spearhead concert at the Cuthbert Amphitheater (in Eugene):





My friend Bekah's Birthday Bash and benefit for Autistic kids at Diablo's in Eugene featured a firedancer, something I hadn't shot but almost always enjoy:





This one is a manipulated image from the trip I took up Hwy 99, featured in my last blogpost



Golden Garden Park at sunrise:



And this one is a portrait done for my friends, John and Rochelle. I've done their portraits for 3 years now and I always enjoy shooting for them. John is a local deck builder I have known for a few years, an old customer (John's not old, I've just been selling him lumber for years... well, I used to sell him lumber but now that I'm not selling dead trees anymore...):


~~~

I've featured a couple of my daughter's fiction stories and posted pics of her choir, but my son hasn't been on here for awhile. He is in a band -- he's the bass player -- strangely named Naked in Alaska (but when haven't rock bands had funny names?) and they have had a couple of gigs recently and here are a few images from their performances:
















~~~

“I always felt rock and roll was very, very wholesome music.”

~ Aretha Franklin

~~~

No comments: