Sunday, August 3, 2008

another summer Sunday morning...

~~~

In summer, the song sings itself.

~ William Carlos Williams

~~~

The routines of summer continue. Work, home, tired, sleep and get up and do it again... but what I wake up to each day -- and knowing because I woke up that it has the possibility of being a really good day -- is so satisfying, so pleasing, in such a gentle, subtle and sublime way...

I'm up most every day before sunrise, anywhere between 4:30 and 6 a.m. The grass fields around me, the hills, farms and sky



all make for a great environment. I'm blessed with a surrounding that I love.

And my camera is always at hand.

The grass fields change constantly. But now in summer they change most dramatically (in a visual sense). I work hard in my photography to combine all the lessons I've learned over these now many decades into images that are pleasing, full of line, depth of dimension, color and tone... and the world is always only a camera-grab away from being a picture. There is nothing around us in this world that if framed right isn't an image waiting for a pn artist to witness it. And here at the farm... wow. The long light and shadows of sunrise. Geese honking, feeding in the grass, in flight, coming here or going from here to wherever their next here is.



And I think. When it is quiet, dawn doing its day-wakening thing, I'm driven to those early daydreams of possibilities. I have a visison of where I want to go and what I want to do with this last half of my life. The photos I share here with you are all bricks in that path... so...

I'm off to wander for an hour or two and when I come back I'll post 'em. Too bad you won't be around for some more of those blackberry pancakes... I'll be sure and tell you how good they were.

I'll be right back...

~~~

Well... no blackberries picked. I got busy with my camera. What a nice morning... that low, warm light is great stuff... it adds so much contrast and depth of color



but when looked at in different ways, from a different direction, the effect can be muted and softening



I actually took over 150 exposures. In film that would have been about 5 rolls + processing... close to $80 or more... I sooo love digital photography. Even though... at one point in my life I thought computers were the devil's work. When I did start using them I wasn't sure if I was a converted Luddite or if I was just adapting to the modern *cough* world. I guess... sigh...







I do know I like summer...
~~~

Then followed that beautiful season... Summer....
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape
Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood.


~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

~~~

No comments: