Sunday, March 13, 2011

Atlantis found...

---

“I know not how I may seem to others, but to myself I am but a small child wandering upon the vast shores of knowledge, every now and then finding a small bright pebble to content myself with”

- Plato
---


I mean really... the program covering this is on television tonight at 10 pm (Sunday, Mar 13) on the National Geographic channel, check your listings!

The weird part of this for me? The first news release on this came out on March 5. And of course the theory is that Atlantis was destroyed by a tsunami... a week after the release of the story Japan is hit with a mega-quake and tsunami. This is one of those coincidences that happen in life and one that pokes me real hard.

Here is the story from the Hartford (NH) Courant

Team Led By UofH Professor May Have Found Lost City Of Atlantis

Since it was first described by Plato in about 360 B.C., the legend of Atlantis has stayed alive in story, song, film and the popular imagination.

Explorers seeking the city that disappeared have so far searched the Mediterranean Sea, the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian oceans and even Antarctica.

But a team led by University of Hartford professor and archaeologist Richard Freund may have pinpointed the long-sought city somewhere completely unexpected — in a vast marsh in Southern Spain.



---

“Nature chose for a tool, not the earthquake or lightning to rend and split asunder, not the stormy torrent or eroding rain, but the tender snow-flowers noiselessly falling through unnumbered centuries.”

- John Muir

---

1 comment:

Rain Trueax said...

I read that yesterday but missed the show. It is an exciting discovery if it proves to be Atlantis.